Home > Costume Ordering Instructions
Costume Ordering Instructions
As we approach our annual recital in June, you can use the step-by-step instructions below to assist you in ordering your dancer's costume(s). In order to ensure your dancer has their costume by Picture Day (the week of May 13, the recommended purchase date is by Jan. 8. Please note that CostumeManager's service fess increase in November and December. You can purchase your costume after December but please note shipping and service costs increase as we approach spring. Starpath Dance Academy is not responsible for costumes not arriving on time for picture day and/or the recital.
- Go to costumemanager.com and click the "Dancer" button.
- On the left-hand side of the page, enter the Class ID you received OR enter your teacher's name.
- Your child's class should appear in the search results — click on it!
- You will see each product listed that is part of your dancer's performance outfit. The REQUIRED costume is on the paper you received at Parent Observation Week. ALL costumes require TAN or PINK or fishnet tights; we recommend ordering the 2-pack so you have one pair for Picture Day and the dress rehearsal and one for the recital. You MUST order these from CostumeManager and not elsewhere so they all match under the lights of the stage.
- Click the "Instructions" tab to find sizing details. We have taken measurements for each student found on the back of the paper you received. Please confirm them and match them to the appropriate size. Girth is the most important measurement - you may allow for some growth. Starpath Dance Academy is NOT responsible for your choice in size or any incorrect sizes ordered.
- Order the size for which your dancer's measurements fall under. If you have questions about costume sizes, you can call CostumeManager at (877) 632-6234.
- Once all the required items are in your bag, submit your order.
- Your order will be shipped to the studio. Most costumes take 12-18 weeks to arrive. When it arrives, your child's teacher will distribute them at the end of class.
Note: ALL exchanges go directly through CostumeManager. Starpath Dance Academy is not responsible for any incorrect sizes ordered — please triple-check your measurements.
Costume Myths and Facts
Students need to order new shoes for the recital.
Students wear the shoes that have been required/recommended for them all year. Pink ballet shoes; black tap shoes; black jazz shoes; low-top converse sneakers, depending on the class.
Tights can be ordered from anywhere.
Tights must be ordered from CostumeManager.com with the rest of the costume. Coloring of the tights is very important to how students look onstage - they must match.