If you are having trouble getting into your dancer's online class, please make sure you read through these tips to ensure a smooth remote learning experience for your dancer.
- Please check your Studio Director account for the accurate Zoom link for your dancer's class. Zoom stores URLs in your history, so to avoid confusion, always click on it from Studio Director, or even better, bookmark the link in your browser and name it something clear, such as "Ava's Tap Class."
- All of our Zoom classes are password-protected to ensure dancer privacy and security. You should have received a password in your email. Please make sure you are using that password to enter the Zoom room. If you cannot remember the password or cannot find the email, please contact us for assistance.
- Zoom is often updating their software to ensure the best possible experience for its users. Follow these instructions to ensure your software is up-to-date; outdated/unupdated software can prevent you from being able to sign into Zoom sessions.
- Remember that a Zoom account can only be on one meeting at a time. So if members of your family are sharing Zoom accounts, check to see if others are logged into meetings during your class time.
- Sometimes, like any other software, Zoom just needs to be restarted to function properly. Restart your Zoom if it's giving you issues.
- And sometimes, that's not enough. Restart your computer to see if that fixes the issue. Sometimes your computer needs to be restarted in order for updates to be applied, and sometimes Zoom is expected those updates to work properly.